On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization declared the outbreak a “public health emergency of international concern” (PHEIC). On January 31, 2020, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex M. Azar II declared a public health emergency (PHE) for the United States to aid the nation’s healthcare community in responding to COVID-19. On March 11, 2020, WHO publicly characterized COVID-19 as a pandemic.
As a healthcare provider, there are several steps you can take today to keep your patients, staff and practice safe:
- Pre-screen and provide pre-visit instructions to your patients through HIPAA-ready text messaging.
- Have patient-initiated care conversations and answer questions and concerns–before they arrive at your facility.
- Ask your patients to text when they arrive at your office and remain in their vehicles. Text them when your exam room is ready.
- Conduct virtual visits through multimedia text messaging and file sharing.
- Internal chat, message routing and mention keep your team informed–even while remote.
- Reduce phone call volume by 50% or more by adopting a text-based patient engagement platform.
Rhinogram’s telehealth platform is a force multiplier in helping prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our telehealth platform can be up in running in your facility in hours. Click here to learn more and to get started.